Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating with the Seasons

From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wiccan
This week, we're talking about the need to attune ourselves to seasonal changes that are unique to our home area - after all, if you're honoring nature, it makes sense to know what's happening around you. Also, a sacred white buffalo is honored by the Lakota, we discuss ritual gone wrong, and there are more updates in the Sedona sweat lodge trial. From the magical email bag, we're talking about how food allergies can impact us during ritual, how to welcome non-Pagans to Pagan celebrations, and what to take with you when you attend a Pagan event. Have a magical week, and don't forget you can Follow Pagan/Wiccan on Twitter or Join Me On Facebook.

Celebrating with the Seasons
A reader says, "You recently posted a bunch of stuff about Litha, and said that everyone's gardens were blooming. Well, you should try to remember that not everyone lives in the same area. Where I am, my garden is just now getting started. I wish you and all the other Pagan writers would try to think of the rest of us who don't live where you do." Well, shoot, you got us. It's all part of a nefarious plot in which we only acknowledge people who live along a particular climate line. On the other hand, it could be that... Read Article



What to Take to a Pagan Festival
It's summer, which means that there are Pagan festivals all over the place right now - pretty much any weekend, in any given area, you can find at least one event you'll want to attend, especially as the various Sabbats role around. Reader Josie Whales wants to know, "I'm going to a weekend-long Pagan campout and I'm really excited, because it's my first one. I know I need to bring a sleeping bag and some food, but what else should I take along with me?" Read Article

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster